Chatroulette is an immensely popular web-based chat website which pairs strangers from different parts of the world for webcam-based, online conversations. Subscribers to this website start an online chat, be it a video chat, audio chat or a text chat with an unknown visitor. The visitor is free to leave a particular chat at any time and initiate another chat with some other connection.
A couple of years ago, Chatroulette introduced some new and exciting features which made this amazingly simple to use online chat website even more fun and exciting. It offered two theme-specific areas.
- Localroulette - Routes the user automatically to a particular location-based channel as per the IP address and Channelroulette enables the user to set up his/her own channel depending on the theme he/she has chosen. One of the most popular areas of customized user channels has go to do with adult dating and this clearly indicates that the site is primarily used for finding partners. On the contrary, the feature to set up one’s custom channel has also proved to be a great solution to the visible problem, by providing users the freedom to discontinue video based chatrooms.
- In a similar fashion, the location-based channel will tap into a growing trend that is so much in vogue in present days as sites like Gowalla and Foursquare and several others are intensely fighting with each other to bag the title of the most popularly used check- in service. Based on the scope of specific region sizes, certain to be tweaked after some time, Localroulette might possibly come close to foster some of the characters which the older bulletin-board systems had been integrated within the nascent days of the World Wide Web. For now, the user gets automatically routed to a particular location.
There are also indications of a possible business model that would emerge once Chatroulette starts introducing new features. One could imagine such a structure that effortlessly accommodates a kind of premium internet –based service where groups and companies can opt paying for certain branded channels. It appears to be a feasible expansion without having to unnecessarily complicate the much simple to use videoconferencing model offered by Chatroulette.
Not too long ago, the makers of Chatroulette introduced even more features.
- Buddy List- Using the Buddy list, the user can stat chatting with any previous user all over again. This possibly implies that the person has to be registered as a user first, which several roulette chat users find it little awkward since everyone wants to shield their identities.
- Traffic stats- Chatroulette will also implement the complete statistics of its entire web-based traffic.
- Unequal video sizes- No one really likes seeing themselves big when they are chatting with some stranger. However, the user can enhance the chatting experience if they watch their partner in a bigger video.
- Quicker ‘Next’ connection- Some users were complaining that the ‘Next’ button was somewhat slow and Chatroulette has sped up the function. Also, users are allowed to upload their photos rather than simply posting live feeds.
Latest posts by Amir Whitnall (see all)
- Download Psiphon for Pc (laptop or computer) On Windows 7/8/8.1 - April 9, 2015
- Plants vs Zombies 2 Free Download for PC (Window7/8/Xp) - March 25, 2015
- How to get Clash of Clans on PC (Windows 7/8) - March 16, 2015