Line is more than just a social app. It allows you to make free international voice and video calls anytime, anywhere. While most people are familiar with the mobile version of the application, Line for PC is also available with the desktop version of the app. In just a few simple steps, you can download, install and start using Line. But before we get into the installation process, let’s talk about the features that Line has to offer.
With Line, you can chat with family and friends through instant messages, video or voice chat. One-on-one chats are available as well as group chats. All messages and calls are free – even international calls.
Line also allows you to add fun and expressive stickers to your messages. There are more than 10,000 emoticons and stickers available through the app.
When it comes to sharing, Line makes it easy to send videos, photos, voice messages, your location and your contacts with your friends. You even have the option of adding Official Accounts of your favorite brands, artists, celebs and TV shows to get exclusive coupon offers and news directly through Line.
Line also comes with many other unique features, such as:
- Snap Movie: Take high quality videos in seconds. Add music and share your clip with your friends.
- Timeline: Share photos, texts, stickers, videos and stories with your friends.
- Shake It: Want to add a friend to Line? Just shake your phone together with friends to quickly add them, or tap the screen.
How to Install Line for PC
It’s easy to install Line on your PC and use the app’s great features on your desktop or laptop computer.
- Visit http://line.me/en-US/download.
- Under the PC section, click the “Download” button for Windows, Windows 8 or Mac OS. Once you click the button, it should automatically start downloading the file “LineInst.exe.”
- Click on the .exe file, and select a language.
- Click “Next” to start the installation process and agree to the software’s Term and Conditions.
- Select an Installation Folder. Unless you have a personal preference as to where the program is installed, you can simply select the chosen folder and click “Install”. The installation process may take a few minutes.
- Click “Close” and Line should launch automatically.
If you have a firewall in place, such as Zone Alarm, you will need to give the program permission to access the Internet.
Before you can begin making calls and chatting, you will need to create a Line account. Creating an account is free. Sending messages, and voice and video chat are also free.
While you may be able to download the app through a third part website, it’s much safer to download Line from the official source. Both the PC version of the app and the mobile version can be downloaded from the app’s official website.
Line offers a quick and easy way to chat with friends and loved ones through one simple app. With millions of users, Line is the ideal way to connect with international contacts and stay in touch with loved ones who are closer to home.
Latest posts by Amir Whitnall (see all)
- Download Psiphon for Pc (laptop or computer) On Windows 7/8/8.1 - April 9, 2015
- Plants vs Zombies 2 Free Download for PC (Window7/8/Xp) - March 25, 2015
- How to get Clash of Clans on PC (Windows 7/8) - March 16, 2015