The Hike Messenger app offers a fast, easy and private way to chat with your friends. There are plenty of chat apps out there, but few offer the level of privacy settings that Hike Messenger offers. This feature-rich app is currently only available for Android users, but with one simple workaround, you can use the Hike Messenger for PC.
Hike Messenger Features
The Hike Messenger app offers numerous features to make your chatting experience more interactive and fun. These features include:
- Extreme privacy settings to give you more control over who can see your profile and your messages.
- A Hidden Mode, so you can hide your messages from the world. Hidden Mode messages can only be viewed with a password.
- Send attachments to friends and contacts, including Doc, ZIP, PDF, APK, PPT files and more. Hike allows you to send files and videos up to 100MB each.
- Add stickers to your messages to express yourself in a fun way.
- If your friends are not online, Hike will automatically send your message as an SMS (no cost to you). Their reply will be sent back to you in Hike.
- Add chat themes that both you and your friend can see.
- Create one-on-one or group chats right through Hike.
- You can even store the app on an SD card.
How to Install Hike Messenger for PC
Unfortunately, there is no official version of Hike Messenger for PC, but an Android emulator, like BlueStacks, will allow you to run the app on your desktop or laptop. Follow these steps to install the BlueStacks program and the app:
- Visit http://www.bluestacks.com/ and click on the “Download App Player” button on the left side of the screen.
- Follow the prompts to install BlueStacks on your PC.
- Open BlueStacks. On the home screen, you will see a search box. Search for Hike Messenger.
- Once you’ve found the app, click the “Install” button to install the app. You will first be redirected to the Google Play Store. You will need an account in order to download the app. If you don’t have an account, create one now. After creating an account, you should be able to download the app and accept permissions.
- Once the app is installed, you can start using Hike Messenger right away.
This is a simple and easy way to install the app. You also have the option of downloading the Hike Messenger APK and opening it with BlueStacks. This eliminates the need to search through the Play store, so the installation method may be a bit quicker using this method.
Just a quick note: If you do decide to download the APK file, make sure you use a trusted source and scan the file using an anti-virus program before attempting to install the app. While there are many trusted sources out there, there are also some unscrupulous sites that may be offering files riddled with malware or viruses.
With the BlueStacks emulator, you can have the Hike Messenger app up and running on your PC in just five simple steps.
Latest posts by Amir Whitnall (see all)
- Download Psiphon for Pc (laptop or computer) On Windows 7/8/8.1 - April 9, 2015
- Plants vs Zombies 2 Free Download for PC (Window7/8/Xp) - March 25, 2015
- How to get Clash of Clans on PC (Windows 7/8) - March 16, 2015